Shared with nurse

Last Thursday I met the nurse that would help me monitor my warfrin levels. All is well thanks!  

But the nurse is as talkative as I am. We talked of  men, storms, and food.  She also mentioned she was a beginning baker.  Could I share a simple cake to bake.

I shared my Memas coffee cake recipe.  I advised her to use  a 9x13 pan.  It’s easy and uncomplicated.  I prefer an 11 inch springform pan.



This I made for family. I just had to make a couple tiny ones,  for quality control! 

When my nurse came to check on me after hurricane Florence gave us a glancing blow.  First thing she said was that they had made the cake and ate it all while they off work.  They even fought over the last piece! 

Never underestimate Memas recipes!  Never ever!  I love to share the recipes my family taught me.  We are so fortunate to have gifted cooks on both sides of the family.

I have spent my life learning at their sides. They inhabit some of my favorite memories.  I love you family!







Comments

Popular Posts