More and better

L

 This year I'm replacing my journals.  I have a five year budget book. It has lasted 6 years.

Also a book 5 years of personal/medical journaling.  Both i chose because they were larger.

My eyes caused me to write larger.  So i could actually read what i was writing.

I needed more room to record all i wanted. So for years it was bigger by all means.

I've learned that bigger is not always better. Even though my reading is still impaired. My vision of the world has returned. Lit brilliantly by the removal of my cateracts.

Although seeing much MUCH better, tiny print eludes me still. An astigmatism keeps me from reading as well as i would like.

Now with the prospect of prescription reading glasses a smaller set of 3 year journals are right for me now.




These smaller books are also a reminder of just what the covid 19 pandemic has brought to our lives.

The thought of sourcing all things for the possibility of off-gassing was not a close thought.

Aware of Moms sensitivity to all things synthetic, even though she was in South Carolina. But after Daddys memorial here in eastern NC last spring Mom has been here all year. So we keep an eye on it.

My new books have been purchased with synthetics in mind. The smaller red journal is made of leaf leather.

(I had to look it up too.) Yes it is made of compressed leaves and is oil tanned. 

The larger book is made of more familiar product to us all. Cork. 

These books were a little challenging to find. However, plastic off-gas free can be daunting. Seemingly impossible to find.

Because I love my mom I stay on the search.

Aunt Mercy out!


Aunt Mercy out.



Comments

Popular Posts