Breakfast stack





Eggs are almost always part of our breakfasts. Ham, sausage, and bacon show up regularly too.

Sometimes a fancy breakfast is in order. Usually pancakes or omlets.

Every once in awhile i break out my version of eggs Benedict. Southern style.

A southern breakfast stack.  Base is sausage, bacon or ham. Or all of the above. Hee! Hee!

Next in the stack. . . Grated cheese. Any kind. Your favorite.

Eggs are the next to join the structure.  Scambled, boiled, fried any style. More grated cheese. 

Then the ultimate topping sawmill gravy.   The souths answer to holendaies. Rich and buttery sawmill gravy is the perfect stack roof.

You noticed there was no bread holding all this.  Most of my immediate famliy are carb phobic. I should be too. However I always have home made biscuits or toast within reach. My favorite carbohydrate base is grits. 

Be still my southern heart! 

Just saying!


Aunt Mercy out!



Comments

Popular Posts