Wednesday night dinner with Momma.

Wednesday night  dinner.  Chicken soup and pear salad and Momma.

We had a little smoked chicken breast and a few veggies to make a soup base.  It simmered for a few minutes and a broth style soup was ready.

The pear salad is super easy.  Canned pear halves, a dollop of good mayonnaise (Dukes is my fave!) and a great sharp cheddar. Tad-a! Pear Salad!

This is something Mom asked for.  She asked me for soup and Charles for pear salad. Together it made dinner. She loved it



We did too.  Charles smoked the chicken. Oh my! It makes a wonderful broth.  It’s fast and easy too.

Mom wanted pear salad too.  I don’t know if it’s just me but I have never met anyone who is not from our southern states that really understands the pear salad. Ha ha ha!






I’ve been thinking that all The problems start with the canned pears.  I love a good canned fruit. Pears, peaches, cherries I love all of them.  Whenever you need a fruit in a hurry canned fruits are a pantry fave.

Just a bit of mayonnaise and a sprinkle of cheese tops it off.  Okay so that does sound odd I admit it.  But it tastes great. 

We had 6 pear halves, I think. Momma and I polished them all off.  If your one of my doctors please don’t panic. The salad pears are very tiny. Very very tiny.

Lol! 

Aunt Mercy out!


Comments

Popular Posts