Hello!

Hey from the infusion department of Vidant hospital in Eastern North Carolina! Worry not oh wise reader.  Just treating a little anemia, again! Hee Hee!


. A quick iron infusion and I’m on the road again!  I hope.

The sweet nurse and I have been distracting ourselves with the plans for breakfast.  I find the plans for eggs, home smoked bacon and home fries can be a great diversion.  I’m also wondering if saw mill gravy might be a good topping.

No primary carbs so far  in this little breakfast thought.  Toast, biscuits or hoe cakes? I love a good hoe cake with butter and molasses.

MAN!  I’m making myself even more hungry.  Oh well!  I’ll share my favorite trick to home fries and hash browns to distract myself.

You’ll never guess. . . . Leftover baked potatoes!  No really! The perfect hack.

Leftovers are often perfect for the base of a totally different dinner.  These baked potatoes are completely cooked and cooled through. East to peel. Easy to dice finely for hash browns, easy to chop for home fries.

With this method all you have to do is fry up the potatoes until crispy. Be sure they are hot all the way through.

Wow! We have finished all my infusions!  Whoo hoo!  Now. . Breakfast!

Aunt Mercy out!



Comments

Popular Posts