Very sad news.

In the last little while my Daddy, Charles J Toshach SR, died.  That’s why there have been no new posts or photos of me recently.  Swollen face and red eyes.  I’m not as photogenic as once I was.

Daddy passed away quietly in his sleep. Momma was alone with him at the time. My mom is a strong woman. I don’t anyone’s strong enough for that kind of surprise.  Momma handled it like a champ.She got everything in motion.  His nurses were there in moments, the EMTs were only minutes behind.

Both our brothers and our sister were with Mom now. Being there at this time is the most thoughtful and loving thing someone can do.


I can say this with all the confidence in the world. Some dear friends were here for me a good bit of the afternoon.  They walked the dogs and fed them too.  Trixie missed the brother, her daddy, too and wasn’t eating well.

Bless theirs  hearts while sitting with me they hand fed our persnickety little dog until she was full.  They spoiled me too they brought me my favorite sammie from Jersey Mike’s.  A cheese steak with onions and peppers in case your interested.  Thoughtfully they brought ice cream too.

In stressful times my sweet tooth will send out silent alarms. Guess my friends hearts could hear it.  I love friends who can hear the stressful cry of your sweet tooth.  I don’t know about you but my sweet tooth plasters a broken heart with ice cream. In this case rainbow sherbet. Daddy’s fave.

Dear loving friends can hear your heart cry.

I’m hoping to be able see her soon myself.  I absolutely hate not being there now.  My Daddy set a better example than that.  If anyone was in trouble he was ‘Jhonny on the spot’.

He began his adult life working at NCR. National Cash Register. NCR changed imensely while he was there.  Some how in the fifties NCR got into computers. Dad took to it like a duck to water. This was the time in history when a computer needed 2 large rooms to house the components.

 Dad and his team were able to install and monitor the very first computer system in Camp Lejunne NC for 7 years. Being offered a a commission for a lieutenant.

Then he helped people who had saved all their lives build their forever homes.  Or a home for parents in their golden years.  Doing all he could to be sure the homes he made a completion of someone’s dream.

The completion of Daddy’s dream has always been Momma and his family. And for over 64 years he lived that dream.  He was 14 days short of his 86th birthday on his last day.




We miss you Daddy.



Comments

Popular Posts