Daddy would have approved

Hi y’all!

As you know we lost our Dad last month.  I had also injured my back. So I haven’t been writing much at all.


Even after a beautiful memorial and a great family visit I couldn’t think of what to write.  I do want mention everyone who helped make the weekend so special.

Laurie B and David B looked after me from the day it happened. They both took it on themselves to make sure my family had to do as little as possible.  Laurie worked tirelessly to make sure the program, the slide show and the venue were gorgeously prepared.

David B, Laurie’s husband, worked up a beautiful talk.  Even though David only knew our dad through us, he was able to touch the memories of everyone there.

Our sister Sally worked tirelessly on the obituary and photos for the guest book table. Sally is creativity gifted and showed in all she did.

We  all gathered at the apartment Charles and I share.  Even the dogs knew instantly all these unknown people were family.

Charles was a perfect host. He made sure everyone had a drink and no one was hungry. He jumped into every conversation. With a smile and a story.

Mom was a little tearful watching their family celebrate Dads life.  Their youngest son, Ed, and his family were charming and helpful.  One of my favorite moments was when I saw Ed and his wife, Leslie, sitting together holding hands as our family wove a magical day.

For two days we ate and laughed and shared memories. I got to meet family I have only known online.  Thank you  aunt Ruthie, David and Ena. Nice to meet you Randall!

I couldn’t help but think how much our Dad would’ve approved.

Aunt Mercy out



Comments

Popular Posts