Hello again!!

Hey , Checking in. I have been under the weather and unable to keep up with my recipe testing and blogging. I am back at it now and my brother has requested a sugar free rustic apple pie. I will have this in my sights soon.

I have played with a sugar-free strawberry jelly. It is not quite as set as commercial jelly but the flavor is AWESOME! Have shared with a couple folks and the feed back has all been great. It is too easy!

Mix 4 quarts of fresh cleaned strawberries (or blue berries, raspberries) with 2 cups splenda in a large pot. using your hands (not a blender or food processor, they do too much pulverizing) squeeze all the berries until they are just crushed. Take to stove and bring to a boil. about 10 minutes. then remove from the heat. add in one pouch of liquid fruit pectin.

Pour the hot jelly into warm sterilized jars and seal. This made 3 1/2 pints of jelly. I am storing them in the fridge because everything I saw said the will go bad more quickly than the sugar based jellies.

Comments

Popular Posts