My hippie past raising

 In resent months I have been researching a green veggie that won't  tear up my tummy. SURPRISINGLY I found alfalfa sprouts to be the best option.  Who knew?




My mom and I have shared a love for sprouts for years. We grew them in mason jars. We are agaian!  

These days we also love more than the alfalfa. There now lovely new flavors.  Broccoli and radishes are just a couple. 

Although alfalfa is the fave in the house, radish is running a close second! They are some of the easier crops to grow.

I have two jars of radish sprouts growing now.  Isn't the color great?

All sprouting seeds should be soaked to give them a jump start. Soak overnight and be sure they grow well.


The soak will soften the seed and get a sprout growing. Alfalfa grows so much faster than the radishes do. Radishes take several days longer.


Aunt Mercy, the sproutgrower, out! 

Comments

Popular Posts