Kobe Bryant

I grew up in North and South Carolina.  Both states absolutely vibrate with sports excitement. Somehow I never even had a sports shimmy.

That being said even I know about Kobe Bryant. The accident that happened this week has touched his family, teammates and friends irrevocably.

All the world has felt his loss. Even those of us who are sports impaired have heard of Kobe Bryant’s philanthropy. The time he dedicated to young people and their families through the Kobe and Vanessa Bryant Family Foundation is more than impressive.

Bryant and his family also participated with several national organizations, including the Make  a Wish Foundation. As  I read about him I realize Kobe Bryant spent much of the quality time with his family was shared in his caring  for his charities. Sharing with those who could use a respectful hand. Instilling in his family the joy of extending that respectful hand up.
As I learn these things I discover the reason this man and his beautiful, talented daughter, will be so desperately missed.

Not just the adoration his family inspires but genuine affection that touches strangers and fans alike.  This tragedy has left a flood of unity that I find amazing. Not just in the US.  But around the world the entire family will continue to inspire millions and honor the man who inspired them.


So it’s with a heavy heart Aunt Mercy’s out!




Comments

Popular Posts