Introducing...krispy kreme!

About 25 years ago I was working for a new car dealership.  Twice a year we worked late into the night on inventory.

After one of these late nights, around 2:am, I had to stop for gasoline at an all night gas station. As I was pumping gas an old Honda stopped in the street.

Inside a couple very shaggy teenage boys cranked the window down.  Leaning out the window a deep southern accent shouts, “hey lady! Do you know about Krispy Kreme?”  “Sure!”, my mildly southern voice called back.



“We’ve never had any. Are they open?” After directing them to my favorite KK, 4 blocks down the street. I said, jokingly, “Have one for me!”

I paid for my gas and headed back to my car.  The old Honda pulled up again with several Krispy Kreme boxes on the back seat. One of the boys jumped out and handed me a box.

“Thanks!  These are AWESOME!” Back in the Honda they drove away.  Gulping doughnuts two at a time as they went! 

Comments

Popular Posts