Chicken fried eggplant

I DO NOT like eggplant! I have tried everything. I still hated eggplant. This summer a friend gave us fresh eggplant from his garden. But I still hated eggplant. . .

One of my projects for the summer is to try being more grown up (a work still in progress, LOL). So I decided to try eggplant again. I grilled it. yeck! I baked it. eoow yeck!! I pan fried it in butter and garlic. Better but not right yet.

Then I thought about my favorite foods. Fried chicken, fried fish, french fries . . . . I realized I could eat just about anything if it is dipped in flour and deep fried!

Chicken Fried Eggplant

2 eggplant, peeled and sliced. (I find I like the long slender Japanese eggplant)
2 eggs well beaten
2 cups fine bread crumbs (I make mine from leftover biscuits) with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.

Set up a breading station as you would for fried chicken. Dredge each piece in eggs and then in bread crumbs. bread all the eggplant and let sit for 5 minutes.

then fry them up.

They are crispy and luscious. Who knew?

Comments

Popular Posts